Friday, March 30, 2012

Bookoholic...are you??


I am a person who has developed this recent habit of reading books. I wasn't really a book-o-holic earlier but now I feel like reading every book I find. Bookstores according to my opinion are one of the best stress relievers. I genuinely love visiting bookstores. In fact, I can spend a whole day in a bookstore and I actually did it once! Bookstores can really do that magic on me. I just finished reading "The Diary of a young girl: Anne Frank" few days ago and I must say it is indeed one of those rare books which I would like to re-read. Having developed this reading habit, I actually realize now how a book can help a lonely man. Yea its true. One suddenly realizes after reading a good book that he is not the only one who thinks a certain way but there are other people too who have the same views as he has. And that's the point where he starts feeling the presence of a companion..intangible one though! Well, this is exactly what I feel after reading a good book. It feels the best when I am actually able to relate myself to the protagonist and so much so that I start wondering whether I was on the author's mind while he was writing the book. It definitely seems funny but that truly is the time when I feel that I am not only reading a book blandly but also enjoying it thoroughly. What is the use of doing something you don't love? This reminds of the hackneyed line- "Do what you love and love what you do!" . Don't read those novels which don't interest you. Read instead those which you think you will like and I bet you would enjoy reading it a thousand times more than the famous ones! That doesnt really mean that all famous books are dull but what I mean here is read those books which suits you. Books can make you know about things that you didn't have an iota of idea about before and can help you deal with your life in a much better way like you never could before! So stop reading this article and grab a book for yourself to experience what you haven't ever experienced before. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment